Thursday, September 4, 2014

First set up experiments with Rhombus + Digital Imagery

With my current trend of working with the rhombus shape and the opportunities it offers in making non-rectilinear grids I have this first layout ready to go to press. This is a 4'x8' piece of plywood that will be printed and then cut out with a digitally controlled router. The imagery I am using is a recent compilation from some photos and drawings I have been experimenting with.
4x8 sheet with some digitized work from my sketchbook & photos.
Once these are printed and cut out I will be able to reconfigure these panels into a composition with other panels of the same size. I expect to have the opportunity to paint on top of the images printed here, as well as painting onto some of the “blank” plywood rhombi to intersperse for a blending effect — which hopefully will blur the lines between digital imagery and hand drawn and painted panels.
There is some potential with the idea of this especially with the decision making that occurs after the process has begun. I expect to see contrast and complimentary imagery to occur when various orders and orientations of the panels are put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment