Monday, October 13, 2014

2nd Round of Ceramics - this time with a "Sanctification" maquette



Sanctification Sculpture
I decided to build a small maquette of my “sanctificaton” idea. This is a 3d version of the drawing I envisioned. It reminded me of a time when I was working in clay doing special effects on a TV project that never got picked up. I spent a lot of time sculpting and doing mold making. Also, with a few simple drawings under my belt — it was a nice opportunity to envision and realize what a dimensional version might do to my thinking of this concept. Maybe this will be a bridge, or maybe a cul-de-sac. It's too soon to tell, but I am thinking of how I will build my next maquette!

2nd round of tiles.
These are thinner too.
Also, another round of rhombus shaped tiles with bas relief carving and drawing. These have a “next generation” feel to them. I little more confident, and possibly a bit more elegant. This time around I will be more familiar with the glazing choices and application too.

These are in the leather hard to bone dry phase of drying. Soon we can candle them, soak them up to full temp for bisque firing.

No comments:

Post a Comment